Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares The Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."



Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A Letter To My Daughters...

Dear Babies,

When the time comes for you to choose a man to marry, I pray you find a man like your Father.

You see, your daddy is a great man, a man whom I admire greatly.. A man of great integrity, wisdom, courage and strength.

I watch this man, my husband, whom you call daddy, tirelessly work day in and day out to provide us with the best life possible, all the while never asking for anything in return.

He never complains about our many shopping trips (the ones he knows about anyways), our exciting mostly crazy adventures (which usually end up with him bailing us out of some sort of a mess) or our lovely monthly sometimes daily mood swings (which is when he leaves to go to the deer lease).

I sit back and silently watch this man, your daddy, put his heart and soul into everything he does and pour himself into those around him... Family or not, he shows no favoritism.  His heart is pure and his actions show proof.  Just watch him with our dog Fergie... Before leaving the house or going to bed he must make sure that the TV is on and on something that she would enjoy... He usually ends up choosing Animal Planet because.. Well.. "She loves to watch other animals!"

He is a God fearing, God loving man and he lives his life accordingly. He is a true example of what Christ designed a husband and father to be.

"Love never gives up."
    He never gives up.. Quitting or throwing in the towel is not in his vocabulary.. It's just not an option.

"Love cares more for others than for self."
    He proves this daily... He would go without to make sure we were provided for.

"Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have."
    He would rather work to get it

"Love doesn’t strut,
Doesn’t have a swelled head,
Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,”
    He is the total opposite.. He puts everyone before himself.. Family or not. He never brags, never boasts but instead lifts others up.

"Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel"
    He is the most patient, kind hearted man I know. He easily forgets wrongs and hurts done to him (something I wish I could do) and never gives them another thought.. He literally "turns the other cheek". I admire that about him.

"Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end."

   Girls, these last few words describe my husband, your father the best. He is truthful and full of integrity. He continues to make God the head of our household and the head of our lives. He always looks for the positive in everything and everyone... He does not see the bad in others (this trait sometimes drives me insane) and always forgives, forgets and moves forward.  He never gives up.

In closing, I pray that you girls will find a man half as amazing as your father. I pray you find a man who loves God and others more than he loves himself and a man who can put up with someone like me.... Because we all know, you girls are a clone of me!

I pray that you adore this man as much as I adore your father and that your love for each other radiates through you both for others to see. I pray that when you or he messes up (because I promise you, you will) that you forgive each other quickly and move on, never looking back. Keep your heart, soul, spirit & mind focused solely on God and make Him the center of your life.

I love you girls and I pray you let God direct you to the perfect man when the time comes. Merry Christmas 2013 babies...

Love Your Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment