Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares The Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."



Monday, January 2, 2012

The Help...

The definition of Help is simple... to make it easier for (someone) to do something by offering aid.


Synonyms:  assist, aid, releive, support...


Help can come in many forms..  But YOU choose to either be the "helper" or the one receiveing the help... Never consider yourself "helpless". 


I at one time thought I was "helpless".  I was lost in a world of abuse and addiction with no easy way out.  I was as low as one could go and still sinking lower. 


I sought and found help because I knew I would die if I didn't.  In that instance I made a choice.. A choice to not be helpless anymore... A choice to change my destiny... change my legacy..


You can choose to stay right where you are for the rest of your life or you can choose to dig down as deep as you can go, and when you think your at the bottom and you still can't find it... dig deeper.. and find a thread of courage.. a thread of strength.... and get help..


I am an advocate for Victims and Survivors of Domestic Violence.. I am a form of "Help"... I work with, mentor and offer support for those in need.. I am not a Counselor, a legal guru or in any way affliated with law enforcement.. I am in simple terms.. The Help...


I offer a support group for Victims and Survivors of Domestic Violence and Abuse.  If you are in immediate danger and need help please contact 911 or your local law enforcement agency.  If you need someone to talk to or would like to get involved in a support group please contact me. 


I was once where you are and I know the struggles going on in your mind right now.. "It only happens a few times.... not all the time"  "He said He was sorry, he was just under so much stress"  "Well, I shouldn't have said that, I know he hates it when I say those things"...


The next time might just be the last...


Laura 940-390-3911

No comments:

Post a Comment