Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares The Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."



Monday, August 13, 2012

God's Purpose for Us

I've come to realize recently that God does have an amazing plan for my life. Although I must admit that I couldn't always see nor understand that plan. His plans are to prosper us, to give us hope and a future. Not to harm us. We must walk by faith and not by sight. We have to step out of the boat into the raging sea, to see that God will meet us right where we are. 

There have been many times in the years following all of my "challenges" in life that I've felt completely uncertain of what God had in store for my life and I tried really hard to make things happen in my own timing.  I have tried to take things into my own hands only to have them crumble apart right before me. Isaiah 55: 8-9 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." In other words... Move out of the way and let God work.. That is one of the hardest things for me to do.  I am a "fixer".. I try and "fix" everything . God can't work if I'm running around trying to do His job!

I have made over a million mistakes in my life and I by no means claim to be perfect but I still know that God has an awesome plan for me and wants me to be all that He has called me to be.... In His timing.. I am a forgiven Child of God who He has called for a purpose and so are each of you. We can choose to sit around and wallow in self pity or spiritual arrogance or we can choose to put our flesh aside and live up to His calling. There is not one person who is more righteous than the other.. We all have sinned and fallen short.. None of us deserve the grace that God has extended to us. We must realize we are being called for a purpose and that is to lift each other up, give our lives over to Him and let Him have control of our thoughts, decisions and lives... Not to judge and belittle anyone who doesn't measure up to our measuring stick. You can sit in church all your life and still not go to Heaven.. Sitting in church does NOT make you a Christian.. Having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and striving everyday to be more and more like Him is what makes you a Christian.

The scary thing is... Just because you die doesn't mean you will go to Heaven. We hear it said at funerals time and time again "Well we know they are up in Heaven now"... Do we? I mean do we REALLY know this? Did we ever take the time to sit and talk with that person about their spiritual life? Did we ever be bold enough to ask them if they knew Jesus Christ as their Lord and let God move? Sad thing is... no...we probably never even questioned it. I'm guilty of it too..

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

In other words... If you believe this with your whole being and pray this prayer to God.. Telling Him you acknowledge who He is and what He has done for you, you acknowledge you don't deserve any of it but you still ask Him to come and reign in your heart, in your life and to forgive you of your sins.... You will be saved.. That simple..

He never promised the road would be easy, He never promised everything will be smooth sailing.. It will actually be like a bed of roses once you decide to pick up your cross and follow Him..You will have easy beautiful times followed by the rough thorns.. The enemy will start attacking.. Probably within the first 10 minutes after you said this prayer... But know now that you have an advocate.. You have a BFF you can go to at any given moment with anything.. He will never leave nor forsake you.. You are now His.. He bought you by laying His life down for you. Don't steal from God by trying to carry the load and burdens alone.

I hear people say that "Church isn't what it used to be" "People just don't go to church anymore.. times have changed" "This church doesn't meet my standards" the list goes on.. Since when did Church become about the people? Church should be about God... When we realize it is not about us, then God has room to move.

It seems right now that everyone is under attack... You may be being attacked for your beliefs, your religion, the way you raise your children or live your life. The reality is we all only have one person to answer to and that is God... not man. Each one of us needs to take a step back and realize we are not the Judge of anyone. We have no room to be talking or judging anyone's lifestyle.. Quite frankly it is none of our business. We should be spreading the real message of Jesus and loving each other as Jesus loves us. If we call ourselves a Christian then we really need to examine what that means and make sure that our life is a living example of the true meaning.. Not some made up definition that fits our life at the moment.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment