Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares The Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."



Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Storm's A Comin'

I do a lot of things that Greg and the girls might call "stupid"... Such as yesterday.. Brianna was sick so I had to take her to the Dr.  We walked in the building and I had this crazy idea to take one of my business cards, wrap a dollar bill around it and leave it in the bathroom.  Never thought twice about it.. Let me back up a little bit now.. On the way to the Dr. yesterday the song Oceans by Hillsong came on... I look over and Bri has tears running down her face.. I say "What's wrong Bri".. even though I already knew, I knew God was speaking to her because He had been speaking to me for a while.. She goes "Mom, God is trying to tell us something" Me "Really? What do you think He is trying to say Bri?"  "Mom, there's a storm coming, a BIG storm Mom, He is preparing us now for the storm that's coming.  He wants us to know He will see us through the storm."  Wow.. God had already told me that but I had been ignoring it to say the least because I didn't want to think about it..
Yesterday I had several missed calls from the same number, that I did not recognize.  Last night they left me a voicemail asking me to please call her today.  I replied with a text that I was in church at the moment but would call first thing in the morning.  She responded with "Praise The Lord"... I thought hmm.. kinda strange response but oh well...


Fast forward to this morning... I had to run some checks to a title company in Dallas, and on the way back I remembered to call this lady back.  I called her and she said "Laura... I have NO idea why I am calling you other than God told me to.... My husband went to the Dr yesterday and I wasn't supposed to go with him but I ended up going anyways.  I had to go to the bathroom and they wouldn't let me use the one in the office and told me to use the one in the hall... I saw your card with a dollar bill wrapped around it and started crying... God told me right then and there that I HAD to call you!"  By this time she really has my curiosity peaked! I'm like OK... Maybe she has been looking for a house or maybe she needs to sell one... Nope... God had other plans...



She went on to tell me that she needed to pray with me.. She started praying and in that VERY moment, The Spirit of The Lord came upon her and she saw the EXACT battle that we are facing right now... The "storm" Brianna referred to... was revealed to this TOTAL stranger... over the phone.. me driving 70 MPH down the Tollway... She started speaking Scripture over me and telling me that God is in control, HE has a plan, NO weapon formed against me shall prosper AND greater is HE that is in ME than he that is in this world....



You see, what she did not and could not know... because Greg and I have not shared it with anyone except family until now.. is that Greg's daughter who lives in Amarillo, whom is 5 1/2 months pregnant with a baby boy will be moving in with us in April... April 17th to be exact.  The reason she is moving here is because the Dr's there have determined that the baby has some major health issues going on.  As of now his little intestines are growing on the outside of his body.. They are keeping a watch on her for fear that other organs may be doing the same.  Once he is born he will immediately go into surgery to try and correct this.  We are praying that it is only his intestines and nothing more... for if it is, things could quickly take a turn for the worse. 
This total stranger had no way of knowing any  of this... but God used her to call and minister to me and to tell me that this baby was going to be ok... She knew that we were facing a situation with a baby and that is could possible be bad... God told her to tell us that He will see us through the storm, HE has a plan for us and for this precious baby whom we know as Hunter Reed... God is an amazing God who works in some downright crazy ways.. He never ceases to amaze me.. and when I do crazy stupid stuff, He turns them into good...



When you say your prayers tonight, please include little Hunter and his momma..



No comments:

Post a Comment